Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flying Solo

I've decided, once again, not to let being single (and relatively friend-less in my new adopted town) get me down. Despite my natural inclination to want to work my 60+ hours a week and then hide out in my apartment catching up on some HBO or Showtime series, I'm instead going to do all of the things that I enjoy to do, even if it means doing them by myself.

Does this sound desperate and a little despressing? Maybe. But, I like to think of it as liberating and free. I refuse to let my current social circumstances stop me from having fun. Today, I ate a fabulous Sunday brunch at the counter of a popular eatery with only my newspaper to keep me company.

Next up: solo vacation to the Southwest U.S. and then seeing Alvin Ailey perform when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment