Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can Women and Men Just Be Friends: Part II

So there's this guy that I work with. I think of him like my brother, and as the unlucky winner of this title he gets the full on, uncensored version of me. He hears about the goings on of my digestive track. I snore in the car when he gives me late night rides home. I call him on every instance that he tries to puff himself up (as well as all the instances when he tries to sell himself short).

But somewhere in the back of mind, I have the suspicion that if I made a romantic advance, he wouldn't turn me down. And so I hesitate before making certain jokes, and I think twice about buying him birthday and holiday presents to make sure that they are appropriately professional and platonic.

These slight amendments I make with him that I don't with my gal pals makes me wonder: are we truly friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment